Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My maytag from loader doesn't fill with water. everything

Customer Question

my maytag from loader doesn't fill with water. everything else seems fine. I press the on button and the door locks and then nothing. and then it is stuck locked for a few minutes and then it unlocks itself.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I got it in April 2011 and the model number is *****
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If its a simple fix, yes but I called Home Depot where I got it and they quoted me a very high price just for coming out here and then intimated that it would only be to diagnose and they'd have to come back for $89.99 each trip which doesn't even include any labor or parts. I'm 65 years old, working part time and my husband is in a nursing home so there is no money left over for expensive repairs. I might need to use a Laundromat for a while. ugh.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: such as?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. If your unit is not filling with water and the door is unlocking tells me the issue is either with the water inlet valve or the door lock assembly.

I have a manual here that you can use to put your unit into diagnostics mode to see if it can pull any codes to tell you what your problem is.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a5080212ffb/Tech%20Sheet%20-%20W10254474%20-%20Rev%20B.pdf

If you find the problem to be with the door lock or water inlet valve these are the parts for your unit.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Door-Lock/WPW10306374/1876032?modelNumber=MHW6000XW0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b4d895202

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washing-Machine-Water-Inlet-Valve/WPW10289387/1552836?modelNumber=MHW6000XW0&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a11b4d895202

You can test the water inlet valve if you happen to have a multimeter but I am thinking if the door is not staying locked the problem may be with the lock itself.

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?