Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag washer model mah5500bww when you hit start

Customer Question

I have a maytag washer model mah5500bww when you hit start it shows door look light come on then makes a noise and kicks back out and wont start put a new door lock assembly on it still does same thing
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: maytag Neptune model mah5500bww
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Does the unit try to re-lock a couple of times or just 1 time and that's it? Does anything show up on the display if you wait up to 15 minutes?

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
1 time that's it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

ok and nothing ever appears on the display? If the latch was bad, the unit would try to lock, unlock, relock 3 times. If it just locks and then unlocks and you get no error code at all, you just have a bad control board because anything else should give you an error code on the display board. The control board need to be replaced I'm sorry to say.