Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I purchsed Whirlpool washing machine/Maytag 4.3CF TL WHT

Customer Question

I purchsed Whirlpool washing machine/Maytag 4.3CF TL WHT MVWX655DW 10/21/16 at MENARDS. The water level does not change from smaller loads to large loads. I washed today with large load and clothes agitated with minimal water and same for rinse. My husband picked it up without carton as it was the last one in stock. We paid $584.10 We purchased Maytag as last one lasted 16 years. Need help
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: Malfunctioning of washing machine. Problem, I think in sensing and not delivering adequate water. I need visit by technician. Why are you sending message, "What confuses you?"
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Less than 4 weeks, it was purchased 10/21/2016. I wrote that above in my inititial contact.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No that is your job as Maytag service provider. I do not know who to call without being charged for service call. I am seeing Maytag is not standing by their service. May I speak to your supervisor.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Answer above question
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

So you are exactly right that the water level does not change, that is how it's intended to work. It always has the same water level no matter what amount of clothing is used. The only difference is that the clothes will soak up more water if you put more clothes inside so it adds more water to get to the same level. This is not something that can be adjusted so if you don't like the way the washer works you'd have to return it and get a new one. Most new units are going to automatic water level sensors to conserve water and electricity.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?