Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have replaced the whole heating element. The vent is not

Customer Question

I have replaced the whole heating element. The vent is not clogged. Could it be the main control board, or is there a fuse?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Do you have a model number and is your dryer not heating?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
DLE7177RM LG. I replaced the heating element? Yes it is not drying. Dried for three loads then stopped heating again.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
What do you think? Is there a fuse or is it the main board on the dryer?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

OK so you'll need to check several thermostats for continuity. F140, F130 on the side of the heating element and K560 on the blower wheel housing all need to be tested. Below is a link to the diagram so you can see what parts I'm talking about.

CLICK HERE for diagram

If any of them do not have continuity, then replace them. Other than that, make sure the dryer is getting 220 volts. The dryer will run with 110 volts but it won't heat without 220 volts. If that all checks good and you have 220 volts to the back of the dryer, you need to replace the main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The heating element was new along with the F140 and F130.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

Yes I understand that, but you need to test those parts still because one of them could have gone bad.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok. IF it isn't those issues what else could it be.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 17 days ago.

well as I mentioned in my first responses, there are 4 thermostats to check. If they all check good then you need to make sure you're getting 220 volts to the dryer and if that is good then you need a new main control board.

If one of those thermostat on the side of the heater has failed again, that means your vent is being restricted through your house.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 16 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?