Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Icemaker has quit making ice. Water line is clear and

Customer Question

Icemaker has quit making ice. Water line is clear and produces water when wanted. Suggestions?
JA: What's the make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Purchased in 2012. Whirlpool, Mdl.G16F4RXXY07, Serial K23309853
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Maybe.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

On that unit it was very common for the icemaker to fail. You can check the icemaker for water and if it has it replace the icemaker, if it does not fill up the mold with water and if it does eject them after a couple hours you may have a bad fill valve for the icemaker or a plug in the fill tube. If it does not eject the cubes replace the icemaker.I have replaced so many icemakers for that style at just 3-5 years old it is crazy. Since you are in Canada you need to contact Sears to get the correct icemaker for your unit since the lookup is not the exact same for US models

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.