Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

DRYER WILL NOT HEAT COOLING DOWN PHASE STAYS ON,

Customer Question

DRYER WILL NOT HEAT COOLING DOWN PHASE STAYS ON
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: DV422EWHDWR/AA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: NOT THAT I CAN THINK OF NOW
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 19 days ago.

Down inside your dryer are 4 thermostat control devices and one of them has gone bad if it won't go out of cooling down mode. You'd need to take the unit completely apart and use a multimeter to test each of them for continuity and if any of them did not have continuity that is the one you needed to replaced. Parts 1-8 and 1-3 are mounted to the side of the heater and you'll need to test those on the breakdown diagram in the link below.

CLICK HERE for diagram

Next, parts 2-5 and 2-6 on the diagram below need to be tested. Replace whatever part doesn't have continuity.

CLICK HERE for diagram

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.