John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I HAVE THE 500 SERIES WASHER. THE SPIN CYCLE DOESN'T

Customer Question

I HAVE THE 500 SERIES WASHER. THE SPIN CYCLE DOESN'T COMPLETE ALTHOUGH YOU CAN OPEN THE DOOR TO REMOVE CLOTHES. tHE WASHER WILL THEN NOT OPERATE. I UNPLUGED AND IT WORKED BUT AGAIN THE SPIN CYCLE LOCKED. I THINK I SAW AN ERROR MESSAGE "E-01"
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: the machine is 4 years old. I never got a manual from Sears so not sure of the model. I think it states Vision 500? Not at home now so cannot check.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: No. Unless it's some sort of re-programming. I thought unplugging would re-set the settings.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think there is a Bosch repair person on the island of Kauai. Can you check.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Jamie_2013 replied 3 months ago.

Look inside the door for the model number.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Most of the label is missing. The only readable part is 9 / FD8908 / 900699 Vision 500
Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having appliance trouble, I know how frustrating that can be! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 3 months ago.

I suspect the issue is a slow or poor drain, usually caused by a partially plugged drain pump. Have you cleaned out the pump filter?