Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag dishwasher will not start.. Just replaced the bezel

Customer Question

Maytag dishwasher will not start.. Just replaced the bezel because the start switch would not make. Now it lights up properly,, but the start switch just blinks at me. It is steady for a few seconds then starts blinking.. Any idea what is wrong? I have replugged the flat cable several time.. has to be plugged correctly as the guides only allow one alignment.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model Nu ber MDBHG979AWS3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: 8 years is my guess.. Had the No Start button problem before, changed the bezel and it started working Mayb 3 years ago now Yes if I can Have already installed a new bezel
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can say... It looked easy
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 23 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Only two things will cause this a bad touchpad or a door latch that is not latching properly. I would check the door latch and make sure the unit is latching and that switch works if it does then replace the touchpad on the unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
OK. since I already replaced the start switch (the whole bezel) it appears the latch switch is not operating.. I have removed the latch assembly and toggle the latch, but it still doesn't do anything. What should I be looking for in the switch assembly?
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
I'll take it all apart in a few minutes.. Have done that several times already this afternoon.. I think I can figure it out..
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 17 days ago.