John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Samsung gas dryer dv45h6300gg/a3 will not dry clothes but

Customer Question

Samsung gas dryer dv45h6300gg/a3 will not dry clothes but the drums spins
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What do you mean by will not dry clothes? Is it not heating?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That is correct, It is not heating. I have the dryer mostly taken apart and I have the door switch bypassed to allow me to run it with the front cover off. I have checked the ohm values on the igniter, the flame switch, and the thermistor. I have also tried running the dryer and unpluged the igniter.I am not getting 120 volts to ground on either wire that feeds the igniter. I was thinking a relay in the board was bad, so I bought a new board already and have installed it, but it is showing the same symptoms- no heat. Does the door need to be on the dryer to have proper air flow to light the igniter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't realize it would take so long for you guys to get back with me. What are my options at this point. I'm not happy with the service thus far.