Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Maytag dryer is about 2 years old and I was drying a big

Customer Question

My Maytag dryer is about 2 years old and I was drying a big comforter and it stopped working. It is the centennial model
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: It's 2 years old Maytag Centennial with commercial technology MOD: MEDC200XW3
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'll probably have someone come over and do it. Could it be the heating element. It doesn't turn on at all or could it be the switch?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, it was working fine all day. There was a lot of lint in the last load that was dried.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

So to start, no the issue can not be the heating element because that would not stop the dryer from turning on at all. Either your belt has broken from the load being too heavy or possibly the thermal fuse has failed due to the air being blocked by the comforter. Below is a video on how to test the fuse and if it's bad replace it. Also below is a video that shows you how to replace the belt if needed.

CLICK HERE for fuse video

CLICK HERE for belt video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?