John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I had a new board, compressor and switch panel put in my

Customer Question

I had a new board, compressor and switch panel put in my Viking refrigerator and it still will not run.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no, I have a local repair man
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm in a rural area and very frustrated!
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 24 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your unit? Now when you say new board are you referring to the control panel or the main control board?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I do not have the model with me. It the single door with freezer drawer underneath. Both the control panel and the main control board. Power is on in unit but doesn't not seem to get power to the compressor.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 24 days ago.

I am sorry I am not available for a phone call sorry if the site offered it to you. Either way will you be home at some point that you can get the model number? It could possibly be something wrong with the wires to the boards or possibly even the invertor relay by the compressors. Its just hard to walk you through this without the model number but I can be here and available whenever you can get me that number if possible?