John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Frigidaire Dryer ModelFSE747GES1 that was hesitant

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire Dryer ModelFSE747GES1 that was hesitant to start without spinning or moving the tub. I thought it might be the a worn belt which was replaced. At first I could start the dryer by spinning the tub, closing the door, and turning the start knob. At times I only had to move the tub a few inches. Dryer would sometimes stop prior to the time set.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased 12/10/97
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: If I'm unable to fix myself, ie. have to purchase an new dryer, it is a stackable set with the washer. Are there any new dryers available that are stackable compatible.?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Your motor has failed. The motor is not much harder to replace that the belt. Are you sure you want to replace the machine?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Rather replace the motor
Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 4 months ago.

Well, unfortunately, that motor has been discontinued, part number###-##-#### I looked on eBay and Amazon and can find nothing. A new dryer may fit on the washer with some modification but will not bolt down and they start at around $1000.