Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My ge monogram refrig icemaker not making ice, 7 years old

Customer Question

my ge monogram refrig icemaker not making ice
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 7 years old not sure on the model number
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I tried to trouble shoot it myself unable to find cause
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: i poured water in the receptacle and it froze it but didn't dump it into the bin
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 22 days ago.

If you filled up the icemaker and it never cycled, you need to check the temperature around the icemaker with an alternate thermostat. It should be less than 10ºF or the icemaker will not cycle. If the temperature checks good, then unfortunately your icemaker is either frozen stuck or has failed. Use a hair dryer to heat up the icemaker and thaw any ice that may be stalling the icemaker. If it won't make ice in the next 24 hours, then replace the icemaker.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?