Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Getting fault code on whirlpool range "cooling fan too low"

Customer Question

Getting fault code on whirlpool range "cooling fan too low" F8EO
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: about 3 years old. WEG730H0ds0
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would like too live in rural area
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what happened
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you.

F8E0 error is the Cooling Fan Speed Too Low Fan speed below 500 rpm, either because the fan is spinning too slowly or because there is a problem with the Hall Effect sensor. Within 20 seconds of a fault condition when cavity temperature is above 170°F (77°C).

1.Unplug range or disconnect power.

2.Pull the range forward and remove the top access cover.

3.Verify there are no obstructions in the blower. If there is an obstruction, remove it and go to Step 6. If no obstructions, go to Step 4.

4.Disconnect control board connector P5 and check the fan motor for 105 Ω resistance between P5-1 and P6-3. If the motor test is not good, replace motor and go to Step 6. If motor tests good, go to Step 5.

5.Check the Hall Sensor by removing the control board P7 connector and testing for 5 VDC between P7-7 and P7-1.

If test is good, go to Step 6. If test results are not correct, replace the Hall Sensor.

6.Replace all parts and panels before operating.

7.Plug in range or reconnect power.

8.Start a cook cycle and check for proper operation.

9.Enter the diagnostic mode to view the “Faults” screen. Press START TIME or DELAY START to clear each Fault code(s).

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
are the "P" points marked or do I need to find a schematic? I am a DIYer.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

My apologies on the wait to hear from me. I was at my other job. Here is the wiring schematics for your unit.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sm-backend-production-attachments/09001a5080404f8f/Wiring%20Diagram%20-%20W10844275%20-%20Rev%20B.pdf

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

I wanted to check in with you to see how its going?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 20 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see how its going?