Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Ge profile refrigerator PDS20SFSBLSS temp display is out

Customer Question

ge profile refrigerator PDS20SFSBLSS temp display is out after recovering from power failure. It cools ok, just no visible display. How to reset. Part # if that doesn't work
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 10 years PDS20SFSBLSS
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 25 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The only way to reset that unit is to unplug it for 30 secs and plug it back in. If the display does not come back on there is a good chance that the main board is bad in the back not powering the display, the display could be bad, but the rear board failure is more likely.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.