Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Jean-we have a jean-air wall oven JJW8530AAB and the display

Customer Question

jean-we have a jean-air wall oven JJW8530AAB and the display lighting is very dim. All else works fine. Any suggestions how to fix this?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Jenn- We have a Jenn-Air wall oven. JJW8530AAB model number. 15 years old?
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I took the control panel off to look for the clock. I read in other discussions that this was the problem. I most likely could fix it if I had the part and directions of how to do repair.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nothing more than what I have told you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 4 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

The only way to fix that issue is to replace the clock control. The display is part of the clock

CLICK HERE FOR PART

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.