How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 21517
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just purchased a KitchenAid cooktop and the adapter that

Customer Question

I just purchased a KitchenAid cooktop and the adapter that connects the blower motor to the vent hose is different thus I can't connect the blower motor to the vent hose. Where do I go to get a different adapter?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: just purchased model number is ***** The blower motor has a round outlet and my old Jen Air was square.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that is it
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Any hardware store will have that transition piece, you will just need to measure the outlet. I believe they are 6" but be sure to measure. If you post the diameter, I can get you a link to order online, if you prefer.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the diameter of the blower outlet is 5 inches. Does home depot sell these?
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Yes, I am certain they do. Let me have a look real quick. Please allow me just a few minutes to prepare some information for you, thank you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

What is the ducting you are placing to the range? There should be a transition on there like the one below.


Customer: replied 7 months ago.
there is one it is plastic but the old cooktop had a square blower outlet and this one is round so it does not work. I will head to home depot to purchase the one you showed me in the picture. Thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

You should be in good shape, it is called a transition.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Related Appliance Questions