Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an HGI8054UC slide in range. During cleaning (manual)

Customer Question

I have an HGI8054UC slide in range. During cleaning (manual) the cleaner migrated behind the glass and the door is now streaked with no means of wiping off. Is there a recommended procedure for taking apart door to access the inner glass surface?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just in the last week. The residue was from a single event.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes ... if possible.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

If you're trying to get between the oven door glass, then the entire door needs to be pulled off and the door taken apart. If you open the door up all the way there is a flip up locking tab on each hinge that you can rotate upwards so that the hinge locks out. Once both hinges are locked out, just lift the door up to the broil position and pull it off the oven. Now you can remove the screws coming in from the top and bottom and the door will split apart so that you can clean between the oven door glass.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.