Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a 9 yr. old Maytag 30" freestanding elec range. model

Customer Question

I have a 9 yr. old Maytag 30" freestanding elec range. model #MER5552BAW. I cannot find original manual or instructions to begin self cleaning. Please send step by step instructions...whatever I'm doing is not working. Thank you so much
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Purchased 4/14/08. Maytag Model #MER5552BAW 30" freestanding electric range
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 27 days ago.

Hello from Just Answer and the Appliance Category
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 36 Years, I own my own Appliance repair Company
And I teach appliance repair at a local Community College.
I have over 100,000 plus in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.
You will be paying me for my ANSWER to your Appliance Question,, Not for the repair of your appliance hence the name of this site Just Answer.
I will do my best to take the information that you provide to me and make a Diagnosis for you to be able to repair your own Appliance.

Give me a minute or two to pull up information on this model

here is a link to the owners manual

http://www.maytag.com/digitalassets/MLPDF/Use%20and%20Care%20Guide%20-%208113P731-60.pdf

And here is from page #15

To set Self-Clean: Note: Oven temperature must be below 400° F to program a clean cycle.

1. Close the oven door.

2. Move door lock lever right to the locked position.

3. Press the Clean pad. • “CLEAN” flashes in the display. If the door is not closed, beeps will sound and “DOOR” will display. If the door is not closed within 45 seconds, the self-cleaning operation will be canceled and the display will return to the time of day.

4. Press the More+ or Less- pad. • “CL-M” (Medium Soil, 3 hours) is displayed.

5. Press the More+ or Less- pad to scroll through the self-cleaning settings. CL-H” (Heavy Soil, 4 hours) CL-M” (Medium soil, 3 hours) CL-L” (Light Soil, 2 hours) Choosing the soil level of the oven automatically programs the self-cleaning time.

6. After four seconds, the oven will start cleaning. • The cleaning time will start counting down in the display. • “LOCK” will appear in the display. • “CLEAN” will appear in the display.

if you have any questions just reply back to me.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Thank you...it worked.

Great glad to assist you anytime.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 26 days ago.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time

Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 22 days ago.

I see you have not rated me as of yet!

Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me, I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time