Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Where would I order an sensor from for my LG oven, that

Customer Question

where would I order an sensor from for my LG oven, that constantly displays the F-3 error, AND won't hold a temperature
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your LG is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: i don't have the model handy. it's about 6 years old - I had the repair guy in at least twice when it was under warranty and he claimed there was nothing wrong each time
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: my father will likely do it - thank goodness!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: it has never held the temperature, from the first moment I got it - took me a while to realize it though. The F-3 warnings are about 2 years old and it doesn't ALWAYS show the warning, but about 60% of hte time, if the oven is on more than 15 minutes. And switching it off and on, will nearly always bring it back athough I have to turn it off and on every 15 mins or so to maintain temperature
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So the first thing you want to do is check the wiring between the sensor and the control board and make sure nothing is loose. If that all checks good, then you can order the part at Searspartsdirect.com or Repairclinic.com but you need the full model number located on a sticker around the front frame of the oven and seen if you open the door or remove the drawer/panel below the door if you have one on your model.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks - will try that! Any idea how long the part would take to ship?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Usually it takes about 3-5 business days or so. But if you get a part number from Searspartsdirect.com you can enter that into Amazon and see if someone is selling it there and if so Amazon usually ships quicker.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

No problem and good luck! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.