John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My washer which is a 300 series does not drain properly

Customer Question

My washer which is a 300 series does not drain properly sometimes. I get a e04 error code.If I restart the cycle, usually it does fine. I checked for stoppage and cleaned hoses and in front of pump drain assembly. Still get the problem at times. Please help.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Bosch Model wfmc2201uc and it will be 10 years old in February 2017
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, if possible. I'am ,mechanically inclined, but I will call a tech. if necessary.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, thank you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

The E:04 error is a door lock error or it may be an over sudsing issue, see attached page. Since it does work sometimes, the issue is not likely to be with the door but with the pressure switch circuit. Have you looked at the pressure hose for blockage?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no, where is the pressure hose?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 months ago.

If you remove the top panel from the machine, the pressure switch is mounted at the top of the cabinet and has a very small hose attached to it. If you remove that hose and blow through it (the hose), does air easily pass?