Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Top load washer GE PTWN6050MOWT was not turning on. Replaced

Customer Question

Top load washer GE PTWN6050MOWT was not turning on. Replaced the control unit and now the led is flashing 88 constantly
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: GE PTWN6050MOWT not sure it came with house probably 5-6 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: would like to start there have service call scheduled for Wednesday
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: already replaced the control board when it initially would not turn on
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
thanks for your help!
Duane
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

So unfortunately 88 flashing is an error meaning the board is corrupt. I'm not sure if you ordered the correct board but it sounds like the board is either incorrect or came faulty. The board you'd need is WH12X10481 so if you ordered and replaced this part and have the flashing 88, then return it and get a new one because it came bad I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thanks. I'll see about getting another one.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 25 days ago.

No problem but sorry to hear about the issues you're running into.