Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

F35 error code, yes, no, sister has same model and it wasn't

Customer Question

F35 error code
JA: Have you checked for the code in the manual?
Customer: yes
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: sister has same model and it wasn't the pulse thing. It was the capacitors
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

So F35 means that your washer thinks it's flooding and overfilling. There is a pressure switch under the top control panel in the far back right corner and it's the part with a rubber hose connected to it. You'll want to remove the screws coming in from t he back of the top panel and then the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can disconnect the small rubber hose and blow through it to make sure it's clear. Reconnect it to the pressure switch and try the washer again. If you still have problems, either the pressure switch is bad or the main control board isn't reading the pressure switch properly. You can't really test between the two so you'd want to replace the pressure switch first since it's cheaper than the control board, then replace the main control board if the problem persisted.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.