Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Samsung gas dryer shows an E0 error code and will not

Customer Question

My Samsung gas dryer shows an E0 error code and will not start
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: MODEL NUMBER DV210AGV/XAA
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is something simple
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Dryer is 3.5 years old
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

This error code you're getting means that your dryer thinks the thermistor sensor has failed or is out of range. You'll need to take the dryer completely apart to access the thermistor sensor which is mounted to the vent below the drum. Below is a link to the part you need to order and replace and there is a video at the bottom that shows you how to replace it yourself if you wanted to replace it. Also, if you have a multimeter you can check resistance of the sensor to confirm it's out of range. It should read about 10k ohms at room temperature. If you don't have a multimeter just replace it because the only other open would be a bad main control board if the wires between the sensor and board aren't damaged.

CLICK HERE for thermistor and video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.