Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Maytag washing machine it appears to have leaked oil under

Customer Question

Maytag washing machine it appears to have leaked oil under the machine.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Model LAT9806BGE S/No 10336140ZH
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: What is involved. Can it be done at my house
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you charge for call out? How much? I live at Jensen Townsville Post Code 4818
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 21 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

This is a site that answers questions, you would have to call a local repair company to fix that issue. The lower seal is bad on the transmission. That issue is completely fixable and will cost about 150-200 to get it fixed from a company.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.