Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a maytag stacked ls7804 and the washer stopped with a

Customer Question

I have a maytag stacked ls7804 and the washer stopped with a full load of water. Took the front panel off and emptied the drum. Have pulled the top off as forward as I can. I have loosened the switch section and can not remove easily and don't really want to if there is an easy way to check the switch function without removal?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Now when you go to select functions on the washer does it work?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no and the dryer works. It was full of water when it stopped.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

So what I am thinking may have happened is your timer has went out which is located behind the control knob and will need to be replaced.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

This is the part for your unit and will need to be replaced. It is mounted right behind the washer knob. You can drop down the angled panel and the timer is right there.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/WP22001180/453975?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=22001180

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
don't you think checking the lid switch is order before jumping to the timer mechanism?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I thought I already asked you that? Sorry about that. When you close the door do you hear the click noise telling you the door is locked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
the switch clicks, but I have found over time that a "click" is not the same as being fully functional. This is an older model and the lid doesn't lock. When opened It does stop the machine from continuing to function.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If the unit was not locked at all then that is a good indication that the lid switch assembly has went bad on you. My apologies I thought I had asked in my original post if it was locking.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Washer-Dryer-Combo-Lid-Switch-Assembly/12001514/400492?modelNumber=LSE7804ACE&ss=a17b4i213d91918&mr=1

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me be more clear. This machine is not equipped with a lid lock. Older model.Yes I know the switch can be tested, but it looks like there a two switches that work in tandem? the switch wires end at a plugin and it has four wires, not sure the test needed to obtain and bad switch or switches to replace.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay, but next problem is the wiring harness goes behind the filler hose and looks like a bitch to remove, any secrets? Not sure how to approach removing the harness.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
never mind I removed the assembly.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

My apologies it just alerted me that you messaged me did you find the fuse?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
harness and assemply removed. What fuse? slow down and read my messages - please
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I am not sure why that reply posted here for you. That was not meant for you. Again my apologies. I think the site is acting up a little bit tonight. So you removed the assembly now correct?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

If the first switch that I suggested you testing tested ok then this part is your problem if your lid is not securing and locking like it should.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
your answer are fubar (I hope you know what means) Are you running to many chat lines?
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 2 months ago.

I do know what that means. I will go ahead and open this up for other experts to assist you.

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 2 months ago.

I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
but I am tired. quitting for the evening

OK just get back to me tomorrow if you want

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
okay

Great