Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My dryer is getting stuck in the steam setting. What could

Customer Question

My dryer is getting stuck in the steam setting. What could be causing that?
JA: What's the make and model of your dryer? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Whirlpool cabrio. Less that 2 years old
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If it is easy enough.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Nope.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What is the model number of your dryer? Is it a possibility the button is stuck on the steam setting?

Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

Id the unit is getting stuck on the steam function and you can not change it you could have a defective interface board. You should try and unplug it for a full minute and plug it back in to reset the computer. If that does not work and you can not change that function then I would order a new touchpad.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.