John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My older model GE drop in 27" electric range suddenly

Customer Question

My older model GE drop in 27" electric range suddenly stopped letting me start a baking, grilling, and probably also cleaning function and give a flashing message that all of these functions are locked and there is oven start delay clean timer stop.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I have tried cutting current. Hitting clear for timer stop button. The timer works and I used it on something I was cooking on top of stove. I have been looking for original manual. The model number starts with J and goes on to MP28B0AT2AD
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I am trying to recall when I bought it. I think it was about 1994 or 1995. I was was replacing previous version. I have serial number: AZ280201Q
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 22 days ago.

Can you please double check that model number?