John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Cannot get oven to work/pilot light on in my old Wolf

Customer Question

cannot get oven to work/pilot light on in my old Wolf commercial range BASO safety valve
Thanksgiving coming up!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Rico_Soma replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. First I’ll need some more info so I have a more complete picture of you situation.

Is it not lighting at all or does it go out when you release the button on the Baso?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not lighting at all...assumes I am lighting in the right place, a window on the side of cylindrical component attached to safety valve
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Rick, call me at(###) ###-####

There is an additional charge for a phone call. I can't point you to a specific spot on an old obsolete unit. What I can tell you is what the problem might be under certain circumstances. You need to put your match next to the pilot burner which should be at the end of the pilot tubing.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I believe I am trying to light the right place but really not sure call is fine

I don't know what more I can add over the phone. I'll post an additional service offer. Accept it if you still want to talk.

There is a glitch with your account that you'll need to clear up with customer service before I can call you. Here's a link

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help