Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher than is not

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher than is not dispensing the rinse aid, I have replaced the dispenser itself and the problem remains, the dishwasher is only a coupe years old.
Submitted: 23 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

So to be clear I just wanted to explain how the rinse agent dispenser works so I know we're on the same page. First you fill up the rinse agent compartment 1 time full and then it takes about 50 cycles or so to run out of rinse agent before you need to add more. Some people think you add a little each cycle which isn't the case.

Other than that if you're sure it's not using rinse agent and you replace the dispenser already, the only possible culprit is the control board. The way the dispensers work on Frigidaire dishwashers is that they activate the motor to open the lid, then later in the cycle they activate the same motor but because the lid is open the gears move a little differently and the dispenser releases a bit of rinse agent. That means that your control board would need to be replaced because it's not sending the signal to activate the motor on the dispenser later in the cycle.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
How do I replace the control board?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

That depends on the model but if you replaced the dispenser already then it should be the same basic process. You open the door, remove all the screws around the border of the inner door liner and the door splits apart. The control board is mounted up near the top of the door in the control panel and it's all plug and play. Be sure to unplug the dishwasher or flip the breaker off before doing any service.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?

Customer: replied 23 days ago.
How can I check the control board and dispenser to see if either are faulty
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.
You'd have to test power at the dispense with the outer panel off and when the unit is running to see if you get 110 volts twice through the cycle. If you only get it once then you need a new control board
Customer: replied 23 days ago.
Can you walk me through the test
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 23 days ago.

I'm not sure what you mean, I just explained how to do the test. If what I said doesn't make sense or you don't have a multimeter to test voltage, then you might as well just replace the control board because if this is the same problem as your last dispenser had then 2 dispensers aren't going to have the exact same issue. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 21 days ago.