Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator. It has been in storage 2

Customer Question

I have a kitchenaid refrigerator. It has been in storage 2 yars. When i plug it in everything appars fine, but it does not cool. I dont think the compressor is functioning properly.
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 27 days ago.

If you pull the refrigerator out and remove the lower back access panel, is the fan next to the compressor running? And is the compressor running? If the unit has been running for more than an hour is the compressor warm, blazing hot, or room temperature if you touch it?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I just plugged the fridge in after months of being idle in basement. The fan is running. The compressor is not doing anything
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Copy of the indicator lights
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Hello!!!!
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It's been Houts
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer another tech here. Have you kept the unit plugged in? Has the compressor started running yet?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
i left it plugged in for an hour. the compressor never came on. I have now removed the cover for what I assume is the compressor relay, and have noticed a device that says start on it.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

There is an invertor there or run capacitor. What is the model number of your unit? I am thinking the problem is the compressor needs to be charged from sitting for so long.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 24 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open. Are you needing further assistance?