John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a KitchenAid Superba stove/oven. The panel lights

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid Superba stove/oven. The panel lights have failed - i.e. I can't see the numbers for temp or time etc...I can still turn on the oven but I would still like to see the numbers. Please let me know what part to replace. Thank you
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your KitchenAid is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5-10 years???
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: just the part that will return the lights to the panel...is there a serial number somewhere that would help you find the part I need?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Engineer-Tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping your oven. Please give me a the model number found near the left leg if it is a range.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not found

Is it a range or a built in oven?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
freestanding range/oven
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no live call

Ok. pull the drawer out of the bottom and look by the left leg of the range. There should be a model number tag there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i did. not there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please don't contact my phone

That is an auto-call offer. I have no control over that, sorry.

You likely need your control replaced, but having a model number is ***** in identifying which part is bad.

So you looked at the left front leg of the range and there is no tag? What about on the right? Also try looking on the door frame.

If you can't find the model number, you will need a technician to come out and look at it. There is really no other option.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I am cleaning it...I don't think I need a new control panel. Please do not charge my credit card as I did not understand your service. I may need to re-solder a joint inside the panel...Please confirm I will not be charged. Thank you
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took it apart while you were trying to give me info on the serial number. Please confirm no charge will be assessed on my credit card. Thank you

I will give you the link to customer service so that you can contact them. Thanks.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help