Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

The dishwasher starts, runs water for a few seconds and

Customer Question

The dishwasher starts, runs water for a few seconds and shuts down. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: bosch shs5avf2uc/01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Water standing in bottom when door is open, red light on bottom goes out., just shuts down and beeps like the cycle in complete
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. When you start the cycle is the lid lock clicking?

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
It started not completing cycle a few weeks ago then the latch quit working. I found the top part of the machine where the latch is sprung up not contacting the latch indentation in the top of the door and adjusted. That part works smooth now, but still won't continue to run. It starts and adds some water then stop after about 3 minutes. Kind of like something in the circuit shuts it down.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

It sounds to me like since its only allowing a little water into the unit the problem may be with the water inlet valve. Now you said you fixed the door latch so just so I can confirm its locking now? If the lid is not properly locking it will not allow a cycle to start completely.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open. Are you needing further assistance?