Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a Jenn-Air Slide in Electric Range Model

Customer Question

We have a Jenn-Air Slide in Electric Range Model JES8850CAS02. All burners on the top work. On the keypad the clock works. All other features (bake, broil, etc.) when pushed, "NOT AVAILIABLE FEATURE" scrolls across the bottom. I have turned off the breaker to reset the stove. At this point the oven will heat for a few minutes and then shut off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

So the message "Feature not Available" refers to the range thinking that the unit is in self clean so it won't allow you to try to bake or broil. If you have reset the circuit breaker and the oven still won't work properly, the display control board itself has just become corrupted and the logic in the board isn't working properly. The entire display board would need to be replaced if unplugging the unit for a longer period like 24 hours doesn't reset the issue I'm sorry to say.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?