Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My microwave stopped working tonight and is displaying the

Customer Question

My microwave stopped working tonight and is displaying the symptoms I found in article. Not heating and turn table not turning. Article says door micros witches failed and need to replace. Mentions video but can't access to see.
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Dacor dcm24. 10 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I am able to answer especially if video can help show how
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do u know if video is accessible from just answer website?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

The issues you are having are indeed indicative of a door switch failure. See the attached pages from the service manual for access and testing.

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

I would recommend just replacing the switches, they oftentimes will test good but fail under a load so those tests are not 100% accurate.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are they easy to replace? Is there any videos showing how?
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

See 1-4 in the diagram at the link below. I would replace both those switches.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just completed tests from manual and water doesn't heat and put oven on 450 convention and no heat inside after 5 mins
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

No model specific video but the one below will give you the general process. Once the cover is removed it is very easy.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

It will not work if it thinks the door is open.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Replace both of those switches, they are the same switch, so order two of the ones above.

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The info, videos, and info order are great. I will order and do repair next weekend. Do I rate you now or after fix attempt
Expert:  Kelly replied 6 months ago.

You can post back at anytime, even after rating! This will not close so that you cannot post back, there is no time limit! :-)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Just finished replacing the two switches and problem is still persists. The two switches removed seem fine when you press the orange buttons as well, they click. The turn table still not spinning and water will not heat. What would you suggest now?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I never heard back from anone. Are there any other things gs I can try to do to repair the microwave?
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 6 months ago.

I am a different tech do you still need help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That would be great. As you see above changing the door switches did not fix the microwave.

So you replaced the very bottom switch correct?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No. Previous directions provided only had me replace the two upper switches but not the bottom one. Can you send me specifics/part number for that switch so I can order?