Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Maytag Neptune Washing Machine (13 yrs old Model #

Customer Question

Maytag Neptune Washing Machine (13 yrs old Model # MAH5500BWW). Closing door normally will not allow the initiation of the start cycle. The machine emits several warning buzzes and displays an error message of either "FL" or "dr". Normally it will take slamming the door to allow a start cycle to begin. Sometimes I can apply direct pressure against the door to obtain a positive result. Need help to troubleshoot down to the component level. I have some pretty good tech background ( A&P Mechanic with strong electrical and computer self test background).
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

The door lock assembly on the model you have is all one part, see number 1 in the diagram at the link below.

CLICK HERE

You could try to find some micro switches that may fit but it will likely cause you more trouble doing so.

Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

What is the serial number from your machine, please?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
A2953753CC
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

The door lock your model takes is part number WP22003593, available below. You can try to replace the micro switches but I would discourage you from doing so because it will likely turn into much more of a problem.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please know that I am compensated by the site only after you offer a rating at the top of the page. It is my goal to provide 5 star service!

Please know I am here if you have follow up questions! Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
it sounds like you are confirming what I already suspected, that I have a faulty Door Latch / Lock Assy. Is that correct?
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

Yes, it may be one of the micro switches or the actuators are worn and not actuating the switches. That is why I would replace assembly.