Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Dacor RV36S downdraft exhaust fan that will not

Customer Question

I have a Dacor RV36S downdraft exhaust fan that will not respond to any buttons. I pressed high and low fan buttons for 1 second as suggested in manual. Intake stays up and low fan speed on. Nothing else responds. I took button panel off to clean under buttons and board appears normal. The control board in unit appears ok and fuse not blown. Now fan stuck on and only way to turn off is circuit breaker and remove 5 amp glass fuse.
Any troubleshooting tips?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Will it lower?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Occasionally it does.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The fan will change speeds as well indiscriminately. Hood occasionally raises and lowers slowly buy most of time doesn't respond to button.

OK then the key pad is likely defective on the unit and will need to be changed out, not much else would cause that issue on that hood vent unit.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.