Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

We have ordered a Whirlpool double wall oven on line. It

Customer Question

We have ordered a Whirlpool double wall oven on line. It shows an SKU #
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We have ordered a Whirlpool double wall oven on line. It shows an SKU number WOD51EC0AB. The invoice we received is from AJ Madison. We thought we were ordering it from Lowe's and would have their help installing it. We live in a rural area with limited help for installation. We need to have some questions answered regarding electric hookup and other specifications. Our present opening is 28 1/2 W x 51 3/4 H x 23 14/16 D. Will we need to have the cabinet space altered? Our present electrical hookup was for a single oven and has a 220 line with 30 amp fuse and 600 volt cable. What is required for this new double oven? Are the trim options included with the ovens.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: We can remodel the cabinet and will get an electrician to do the electrical work.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Do you have a person in this area to recommend doing the electrical work? We live in Larimer County in Colorado, Longmont in Boulder County is closest to us.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 26 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You need a 40 amp circuit to that wall oven. There are no trim kits for the oven so your cut out dimensions need to be correct in order for it to fit and look right. Can you do that?

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
We need the answer to our question, "Is the 600 v cable sufficient?" Yes, we can alter the cabinet.