John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Samsung washer is beeping even when it's unplugged. There

Customer Question

My Samsung washer is beeping even when it's unplugged. There isn't any leaking and I cleaned the drain. When I plug it in there are no error codes.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: it was purchased in 2008 and it's a front load. I'm not sure of the model and turned it on for a spin cycle so I can't open the door The manual says lots of model numbers
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Depends on how hard it is :)
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

The machine cannot beep if it is unplugged. Are you sure the beep is coming from the washing machine?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I've looked everywhere. It's in our laundry room where it's just the washer/dryer and our sink.
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Hmm, I am not sure how it would beep with no power to it. Is the tub full of water still?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No. I just ran a rinse and spin cycle and it's still running and still beeping. I might have to pull it out and see if something fell behind it.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I didn't think it would beep if it was unplugged but I thought I'd see if anyone else had that problem. :)
Expert:  Kelly replied 7 months ago.

Does it run through a full cycle okay but just beep the entire time?