Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

In Samsung front load electric dryer about 4-5 yrs old from

Customer Question

In Samsung front load electric dryer about 4-5 yrs old from Lowes had 1 inch of standing water in it the other day and drained down and smells like dead fish now, but not the clothes when dried.....wadup?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Samsung is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: stand by
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: model DV431AEWXAA01
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: YA GET IT?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 20 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. With the water that was left standing in the unit can cause the sour smell. What you can do is clean the unit out and then run a freshener cycle through the unit.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Affresh-Washer-Cleaner-for-High-Efficiency-HE-Washers-W10135699/100642687?&cm_mmc=Shopping|THD|DigitalDecor|B|0|B-BASE-D29A+Appliances|&mid=8yO1F7x6|dc_mtid_8903vry57826_pcrid_74079599164296_pkw__pmt__

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I've seen much online about fishy smells in dryers due to faulty 220 plugs and receptacles
....yet no consideration here. They key "clue" being fishy not musty/sour smells. Im disappointed that potential cause was not addressed!