Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

A friend cooked turkey in my oven a while back and grease

Customer Question

Hi! A friend cooked turkey in my oven a while back and grease got everywhere, including on the stovetop when it came out of the oven. Shortly afterwards, the two pilots on the left side of my stove wouldn't work. Any tips on what the issue might be?
JA: What's the make and model of your oven? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's probably about 8 years old. Let me check re the model.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: CG CGS980
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not necessarily. I was just curious if there's a quick fix or if I need to have someone come out. The two pilots on the right side of the stove work fine.
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 25 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

Answer:

You will need to clean them out. Typically you can use a paperclip to clear the ports out on the burner. You need to clear the small holes where the spark electrode is on the burner and then it dshould light fine.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Thank you. ***** need to unscrew the stovetop? I've tried cleaning the top parts of the burners but that hasn't helped. I don't see a place stick paper clips to clean.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Is it $32 to talk to you? If so, I'd like to try to communicate via messaging.
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Hello?
Customer: replied 25 days ago.
Ok well this hasn't been so helpful. How do I get my $5 back?

I am sorry your messages just came through to me.

CLICK HERE