John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

My Viking refrigerator/freezer freezer compartment is icing

Customer Question

My Viking refrigerator/freezer freezer compartment is icing up. It looks like it starts in the back behind the small vents @ the bottom then gradually builds up until the floor of the freezer is covered in ice. I have defrosted the unit completely a couple of times, but it continues. The appliance is not new, I bought it new 10 years ago, but the problem just started. Any ideas?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Viking is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 12(+/-) years old, 36" wide 15.2 Cu Ft refrigerator, 5.1 Cu Ft freezer on the bottom
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes, I'm a contractor/builder and appliance techs are expensive and difficult to get up here, we live in a small resort community in the rocky mountains.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can't think of anything....
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

Expert:  Kelly replied 21 days ago.

It continues to cool fine fut just builds is on the freezer floor?