Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

My dishwasher willnot accept any cycle--iot stays on cancel

Customer Question

My dishwasher willnot accept any cycle--iot stays on cancel and willcontinually run on that. I cleaned the inside bottom thisw am and it has done this ever since..did I do smething wrong?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your dishwasher? And have you run a diagnostic test cycle?
Customer: KUDPO2CRB02 I can't get it to run anyting but cancel.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: II'dlike to try if it ism't majpr
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Sorry, Pearl, the c9omputer is acting up.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. Now you said that none of the buttons are responding. Typically this means that your control board has failed. Does it come on at all?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
the caccel light comes on and the others blink sometimrs. there is light on the board. The cancel cycle runs and stops but if the dishwasher idoor ismleft closed,the cancel cycle willrun again onits own.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Ok so can you double check the model number for me I will try to locate the service manual for you and we can figure out whats going on here.

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Kudpo2crb02
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Now when you go to try and start a cycle what lights are beeping? Also does the door lock when you go to start a cycle?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
We just turned off the power. The cancel light comes on, some of the cycle lights blink--but not anymore (of course)--we did find directions for a diagnostic test and tat had no results.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The rinse button will light up (no cycle start) and the cancel button will light up Both will go off with push of start button.
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The door does not lock.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Ok so what this sounds like to me is your control board may have went out on you. How long did you leave it unplugged for? If it was less than 5 minutes lets unplug it for 5 minutes and see what happens.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

before we figure it is the door lock assembly or the control board lets check the thermal fuse first. This is the part I am referring to and videos on how to test it if you have a multimeter.

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Kitchenaid-Dishwasher-Thermal-Fuse/W10258275/1549751?modelNumber=KUDP02CRBS2&fromRepairHelp=True&ss=a9b121d881301

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Actually first lets try a board reset and then go on to the thermal fuse

press "Heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash, heated dry, high temp wash" All the lights will flash at which point you can press cancel to reset the board.
if you don't have a heated dry button try, air dry or energy saver dry

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
The normal light is flashing. I'm going to turn the power off for 5 minutes....first we did the heat/hi temp thing with no results. We now havw normal and hi temp lights on but they went off also---NOW i'm going to turn things off for 5 minutes.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

ok

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Hey, Travis, our troubleshooting guide agrees with you that it's probably a short circuit somewhere in boor or board. Think we'll be calling a technician Monday!. Thanks.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 26 days ago.

Alright well in the event you would rather replace the board yourself or make sure the problem is not with the door lock assembly I can assist you with ordering the parts and replacing them yourself .

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time. Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open. Are you needing further assistance?