John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have new maytag top. it fires weak on to burners. I

Customer Question

I have new maytag cook top. it fires weak on to burners. I replaced the gas igniator, no difference , the fire does not get to the gas to light
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I do not know the model. the unit is new. the electric gas igition model is ig120j-4 part no. w101104901
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I thought the wiring could be wrong . the unit fires strong on 2 wires and weak on the other 2
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 25 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. The model number should be located on the unit some where we will need that in order to assist you with this matter. Now you said you thought the wiring could be wrong did you wire it yourself? Did you try changing the wiring?