Webb-Guy
Webb-Guy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  maitenance tech at casto
95800582

Oh thanks. I have a maytag refrdgerator/freezer model

Customer Question

oh thanks. I have a maytag refrdgerator/freezer model #MFI2269VEM3. It was working fine and the control panel started buzzing and then it went blank & the lights do not illuminate. Now when you press any button on the control button, all the LED's illuminiate brieflly. Lights still come on when you open doors to the unit.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Maytag is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I would say about 4 years old.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I was thinking about it. It was leaking out the bottom of the freezer and I ordered a kit that they had where water would build up and leak out the bottom of the freezer door & I replaced that myself.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I guess that is all. Thanks.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer my name is ***** ***** I will be the one to assist you. What has happened is your control board has failed on you and will need to be replaced. Is the unit still cooling?

https://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Maytag-Refrigerator-Main-Control-Board/WPW10310240/1862775?modelNumber=MFI2269VEM3&ss=a4b4i1995d875246&mr=1

Customer: replied 22 days ago.
I am not sure. It just happened a hour or two ago. I do not hear motors or compressors running.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Rechecked it. It is not cooling at present.
Customer: replied 22 days ago.
Definitely not cooling in refrigerator or freezer now.
Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 22 days ago.

That is because the main control board has failed and is going to need to be replaced. The part I just sent you ships very quickly and will is not hard to install at all and will solve your problem.

I hope you have found this information helpful and would be willing to rate with 5 stars at the top so I am credited for my time .Rating does not stop you from getting back to me in the event you need me.

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 20 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open so I wanted to follow up with you to see if you needed anything further?

Expert:  Webb-Guy replied 17 days ago.

I noticed that your question was still open. Are you needing further assistance?