Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a frigidaire cdgs388AB1 Gaz / electric dual fuel

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire cdgs388AB1 Gaz / electric dual fuel range and I received an F1 error. I realize that I need to change the control board overlay but I can't seem to get the front panel off the oven, I removed the four screws but don't see what is securing the panel. I don't want to force anything so I am stuck.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Frigidaire is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: I am guessing it is 10-12 years old. Tere seems to be two model numbers. Either 50 393G1 361 or CGDS388AB!.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I'd like to.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don't think so.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 24 days ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

The model number is ***** coming up, can you take a picture of what you are seeing and upload it here?

Customer: replied 24 days ago.
I uploaded the sticker with the model number as well as a photo of the oven.
Customer: replied 24 days ago.
Did you get the photos?

Ok did you take all the ones out on the bottom? If so on that unit you will have to also lift the top up. You need to take the screws out from each burner and the knobs off to get the top up then you can get the clock out.

All I ask is please use the Star Rating Link at the top of your page before leaving, that is the only way I am credited through the site, tips are appreciated.