John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a microwave oven which turns its fan on every time

Customer Question

We have a microwave oven which turns its fan on every time we cook on the stovetop. Is there a way to stop this or at least make it not se sensitive?
JA: What's the microwave's make and model? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Model: JVM6175DF1WW. GE Microwave. Manufactured Feb. 2015 Serial: DF226806B
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can't think of anything
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 5 months ago.

One moment while I get some information for you!

Hello and thanks for using this service! If you are a JA Member I would like to personally thank you and welcome you back! I am Appliance Guru an extremely experienced tech on the site and I try to get to as many customers as I can. NOTE it takes time for me to type research and add links so please wait for me to respond back I can only do this so fast. Secondly, I do not know your skill level so please try and let me know if I am going beyond your knowledge or comfort zone thanks! I strive for a 5 star rating from everyone especially our JA members.

The main exhaust fan comes on?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The microwave fan comes on whenever we cook on the range. It is very noisy, and stays on until cooking is done. We would like to make it less sensitive or disengage it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I want to cancel this service immediately.