Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator freezer model WRF560SEYM00

Customer Question

I have a Whirlpool refrigerator freezer model WRF560SEYM00 and serial number S22343812. The freezer compartment the bottom of the refrigerator has frost and water in it. I have turned off the ice maker and virtually emptied the freezer compartment, but moisture still ism present. What should I do to eliminate the frost and water in the freezer compartment?
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Whirlpool is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: Make and description REF-69 22/23 HS CD2K BM purchased 4/9/15.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: It depends if it is something simple or not,
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We had a repairman come, when the freezer was not freezing, and he suggested that there should be could ventilation in the refrigerator, and underneath the refrigerator should be kept clean. I have done both of these things.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

where is the water in the freezer exactly? And if you open the freezer and look at the floor below the freezer drawer bin, is there a solid sheet of ice forming on the floor?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The frost and moisture appears to be in the back of the freezer not underneath the freezer drawer.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

OK that is just from the unit defrosting if it's in the back. You can remove everything and remove the back panel (quite difficult) and make sure the drain line below the silver coils is clear, but other than that the defrost sensor clipped onto the top of the coils would need to be replaced if it's excessive because it could be leaving the defrost cycle on for too long which results in frost and water on the back.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?