Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

May tag french door fridge has an alarm on the water control

Customer Question

may tag french door fridge has an alarm on the water control display that keeps going off; how do I shut it off?
JA: What's the make and model of the fridge? And can you guesstimate how old is it?
Customer: 1.5 yrs old; may tag, model MFT2574DEH01
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: if possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

When the unit starts beeping, does it say "Door Ajar" on your display?

Customer: replied 26 days ago.
Mo
Customer: replied 26 days ago.
No
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 26 days ago.

OK well the only other reason the unit would beep is if the unit is getting too warm or if the display board is failing. You'll need to put an alternate thermostat inside the refrigerator and freezer and if it's warming up when it starts beeping, these units tend to have freon leaks so most likely you have a freon leak. If it's not warming up, the display board would need to be replaced.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 24 days ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?