Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washers door is locked, I can't open it the lock control

Customer Question

my washers door is locked, I can't open it the lock control is off.
JA: What's the make and model of your washing machine? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: It's brand new a couple of weeks It's a front load WFW92HEFC Whirlpool
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: I have laundry in there and it won't do anything. If I can
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The wash was in and I decided to change a setting turning the cycle off. And the looked door was one. Now I can't get the laundry out or get it to wash it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with your appliance question today. Please wait a few moments while I review your question.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

It sound like your latch is acting up or the unit isn't draining which will stop the washer from unlocking as well. You will need to manually unlock the door. To do this, pull the washer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top panel. The top panel will then pull straight back, up, and off. Now you can unplug the washer and reach down through the top to the door latch. Pull down on the plastic tab on the bottom of the latch to manually unlock the door. Now if the washer still won't work, the latch needs to be replaced. If the tub is full of water when you get the door open, then the entire front panel would need to be removed to access the drain catch under the tub so you can check for a blockage in the drain catch.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today and reply back here letting me know with a rating of 1-5 stars (5 being the best). If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 3 months ago.

Hello again. I'm just following up because I haven't heard back from you and I see this question is still open and unrated. Is there anything else I can help you with?